CRB is a repository of all the creative things that float through my mind about the RPG Pathfinder. Two major features are random character generation and building characters based on the god they worship. Anything that seems like it adds to the creative aspects of the game will pop up from time to time, including location descriptions, adventure ideas and even short stories. CRB won't just be my own creativity, it will open the floor to anyone who has an idea sparked by what I present to you.

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year

Although the CRB is not a year old yet, it is the New Year and I would like to both thank everyone and talk about what 2016 will bring.

Thanks


First I’d like to thank the readers, you guys are amazing. I never thought there would be so many of you, but the number of people exploring the CRB continues to grow every day. And to those of you who take the time to comment on the blog as well as on the Facebook and Reddit posts I make, extra big thanks to you. The CRB is designed to spark discussion. Whether you agree or disagree with me, it’s always good to hear multiple opinions on the subject so keep it up.

Beyond the fans I’d like to thank Neal Litherland over at the Improved Initiative blog. There are many games bloggers out there, and it’s tough to get started and to be original enough to get an audience. Neal has been selfless in helping the new kid on the block, for which I am thankful.

I would like to thank my blog mistress, who does all of my graphics, for I am artistically inept. Seriously without that support I would have gone next to nowhere with this.

My editors, both friends and fellow gamers, have helped shape the message I’m trying to send while keeping my typos to a minimum and my grammar halfway decent. Sometimes when I’m passionate about what I’m writing the words flow, just not in the right order, and my editors keep that cup from running over.

I’d also like to thank Brian Berg over at TPK Games and Robert Gresham at Wayward Rogue Publishing. Just four months into my foray into games writing and they took a chance on me, giving me the opportunity to become an “official” published games writer.

What’s in store…


Of course there is more of the CRB itself to come. With my busy season over I’ll be restarting Randomly Generated Characters; I’ve missed getting the creative juices flowing with those. There will also continue to be more articles exploring gameplay and world building, as well as more explorations into the deities of Golarion.

All this writing is time consuming but I love every minute of it. That doesn’t mean I don’t also want to try and make this a serious living. I have created a Patreon, and if you enjoy all the content I’m creating I hope you decide it’s worth supporting.

Lastly, I have set a goal for myself of creating my own modules. Well, module. I’m going to start small. I have started working on an adventure and I’m looking forward to making it available. There’s no exact timetable as I’ve never tried to create a module, but 2016 is gonna be the year I complete at least one. 

And don’t forget to subscribe to the CRB so you’ll get email notifications when new content is posted. This is especially important if you’re only on one of the reddit boards I post to, as they only let me promote one post a week. Also, the CRB now has a twitter presence @SimonSezCRB. As the CRB moves forward into 2016 it’s always good to keep abreast of what’s going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment