CRB is a repository of all the creative things that float through my mind about the RPG Pathfinder. Two major features are random character generation and building characters based on the god they worship. Anything that seems like it adds to the creative aspects of the game will pop up from time to time, including location descriptions, adventure ideas and even short stories. CRB won't just be my own creativity, it will open the floor to anyone who has an idea sparked by what I present to you.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Character Exploration Six: The Randomness

It’s time to try my hand at a half-elf. I kinda remember when I was doing this one that I decided anyone with a roaming bonus (Half-elf, human, half-orc) would have it applied to either their highest or lowest stat. I can’t for the life of me remember why, but I know part of it was giving myself a limitation to work with. All the other races have definitive stat bonuses so you have to live with them and I kinda like the challenge. The rolls for the half-elf total a 16 point buy. I chose to add the roaming bonus to the highest stat:
Str 14
Dex 13
Con 12
Int 11
Wis 17 (15 +2 Half-Elf)
Cha 8

At the time I rolled on the generator I had gotten some interesting rolls I'd never gotten before:
Raised in a human homeland
Small town or village
Only my mother is still alive
No siblings
Lower Class Birth
Parents were Sailors
Met a fantastical creature as a child
Influential associate was a champion
Attempted to seduce a spellcaster for love
Have had one significant relationship

Drawback social acceptance

Don't forget the background I wrote for this will be posted tomorrow at 8am. But what kinda of character would you make based on these rolls? What class would you pick? Do you have a background in mind looking at these pieces of information? Share with us and let us see your creative juices flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment